Last week I had a conversation with Junior Jacqueline about her time as an ISE and what she loves about the ISE department.
What is your favorite thing about the ISE department?
The windows of the 4th-floor classrooms.
- What has been your favorite class and why?
ISE 230, it was the first time I felt like an actual Industrial Engineer, as I applied previous class knowledge to solve new problems.
- Which class was most challenging and how did you overcome that?
ISE111 with Robert Storer. It was hard to know exactly how to solve the problems because all of them, all though similar, were solved differently. Also, it was the first ISE class I took. I overcame that by studying way harder and going to office hours.
- Who is your favorite professor
- What has been your favorite Mohler lab story?
The ISE 216 lab in the lab on the first floor. We made lots of cool stuff with the machines, like screws, laser cutting, wax cutting, and 3D printing.
- What is your favorite thing about being an ISE major?
The different fields one can pursue after graduation. Seeing things differently through an optimization view, always wanting to make things better.
- Advice to future ISE majors
The more friends you have the easier it is.